This site has been archived and is no longer being updated. You can visit the new RCN website at www.rcn.org.uk
RCN Council consultations
Many files on this page are in PDF format. See how to access PDF files.
RCN Legal and Governance Review: Council Review
At its meeting on 29 September 2015 RCN Council agreed seven key questions about issues that have emerged from the current review of RCN Council.
The review of Council is the final phase of a wider review of the RCN’s legal and governance structure which began in 2009.
The purpose of the review is to ensure that we have a fit for purpose legal and governance framework that enables us to fulfil our Royal Charter objectives and work as effectively as possible.
The brief for the Council Review is to look at how RCN Council and the Council Committees work with the other parts of the governance and representative structure; the Chief Executive & General Secretary and other senior staff.
The objective was to assess the effectiveness of Council and the Council Committees and use the results to improve the way they work and inform the creation of appropriate induction and development programmes.
Send us your feedback
- Download the engagement document to find out more (PDF 161KB)
- Download the feedback form and return it to email@example.com by 18 November 2015 (Word 20KB)
How Council consultations works
The following are asked to review all Council consultations and provide their feedback to inform next steps:
- Country and regional boards
- Forum steering committees (via the Forums Governance Group and Forum Chairs Committee
- Student Committee (and the Student Governance Group)
- Health Practitioner Committee
- UK Stewards Committee
- UK Learning Reps Committee
- UK Safety Reps Committee
- Agenda Committee
Individual members are also invited to comment using the form on this web page above.