The RCN provides access to more than 1,000 ebooks.
You can search the library catalogue to find links to a wide range of ebooks and free online reports, as well as our print titles.
Ebooks can either be accessed via the RCN library catalogue, or directly from the ebook suppliers’ site.
To limit your search to e-books and e-reports only:
- go to the RCN library catalogue
- select the down arrow next to the library box
- select eLibrary
- type author, title or subject into the search box
- search catalogue
- follow the URL link to the full text.
Going directly to the individual ebook sites allows you to search by keyword in the full-text of all the RCN ebook collection from that supplier.
- Go to: VLeBooks (choose Shibboleth login option and then select show organisations).
- Go to: EBSCOhost (formerly NetLibrary).
- Go to: MyiLibrary.
Ebooks are available to RCN members only, and you will need to enter your membership number and surname to read the ebook online or download it to your PC, tablet or Smartphone.
Adobe® Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher is required for offline viewing. The latest version of this free software can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
If you need more help in downloading e-books, please refer to the following guides or our eBooks FAQs page.
- Downloading VLeBooks (PDF 365KB)
- Downloading EBSCOhost (PDF 476KB)
- Downloading MyiLibrary (PDF 716KB)
The RCN also produces a wide range of publications to support your practice, which can be downloaded free of charge.