Welcome to RCN library and heritage services
Welcome to the RCN library and heritage services website.
On these pages you'll find everything you need to know about our services and be able to access many of them online. You may be required to enter your membership number to use some of the resources on offer as they are only available to RCN members, so it's best to keep it handy while you explore the site.
Together, our collections form the largest nursing specific resource in the world.
The Library and Heritage Centre will be closed from 7pm on Wednesday 23rd of December 2015 and will reopen on Monday 4th of January 2016.
Accessing our collections
You can access our collections online or in person by visiting a library. To help you find what you're looking for you can use our searches:
- RCN library catalogue - this is a list of all the stock, both electronic and printed, that the library holds. It can help you find books, papers, theses and journals, but will not search for articles in journals
- RCN archive catalogue - this lists books, papers, journals, objects, images, recordings and more from our archive collection
- ebooks - these resources will enable you to search the full text of our ebook collections
- Journals - use the Full Text Finder to check for electronic and print journals
- databases - use our databases to find full text articles and print journal references.
If you are able to visit a library, staff will be on hand to assist you.
You can also take advantage of:
- virtual enquiry service - a live webchat facility which allows you to contact one of our information experts.
- FAQs - see if your question has already been asked and answered.
- contact us by phone, email or post
Full members can also take advantage of our literature search service by filling in our online form.
Learning and events
Our libraries also offer a range of training sessions and events that can help you refine your information literacy or simply educate and entertain. Go to the What's on page to discover more.